Register for an ECCE place – see our contact page for details.
WELCOME AND THANK YOU FOR VISITING OUR WEBSITE 🙂
IMPORTANT COVID PROCEDURES FOR SEPTEMBER 2020
These procedures are designed to minimize physical contact between school and home, and contact between pod groups in school
- Children will be in pod groups and each pod will arrive at and leave school at a designated time each day. Each teacher will contact parents of children in their pod this Saturday to advise you of your child’s start and finish times which must be strictly adhered to. Your child can only be admitted to school at their designated time – they cannot arrive with children from a different pod. Only one person should drop off/collect and ideally it should be the same person each day
- For safety reasons parents cannot come into school premises so please prepare your child for this – it will be hard on both parent and child but it is necessary at the moment.mIn leaving your child to school you are confirming that they have shown no symptoms of Covid 19. Children should not attend if, in the past 24 hours, they have been unwell, had a temperature or had medication to reduce a temperature. You will confirm this each morning with your child’s teacher.
- Teachers will wear visors at drop off/collection so the children can see their faces. Children will sanitise their hands in ‘magic soap’ as always upon entering school and we have an infrared thermometer in school for use when needed.
- We do not wear PPE while school is in session as preschoolers are a very low risk group. We are very happy that this is the case as we are trying to keep everything as normal as possible for the children while ensuring safety for everyone.
- For safety reasons no personal items from home can be brought to school and nothing from school can be brought home. This means that children will not have school bags, lunch bags, hats, scarves, gloves in school this year. Lunch needs to be in disposable packing such as a paper or a zip lock bag. Similarly drinks need to be disposable bottles as all lunch refuse will be disposed of immediately after lunch – nothing can return home. Coats will be allowed in school as we will have the children in the garden as much as possible
- We will be sanitizing hands regularly throughout the day and classrooms will be sanitized before and after each session. We want to instill good hand and respiratory hygiene habits in the children without making them anxious so we will be using songs and games to communicate this message to them.
- We may amend or add to these procedures as the year progresses
- As always, ring me if you have any questions or concerns
Dr. Paula Harrison
- Little Steps Montessori & Naíonra was established in December 2009. We are a small privately run, family owned preschool.
- You will find us in Artane Castle Shopping Centre, Dublin 5.
- We are registered with the Tusla and insured with Early Childhood Ireland.
- We provide ECCE places and do not charge ‘top up’ fees.
- Our qualified, experienced staff are Garda vetted and trained in Paediatric First Aid – please see staff tab above.
- We offer sessional preschool education for children aged 2yrs 6 months to 5 years 6 months old.
- We open 8.50am to 4.00pm.
- Morning Session: 9.00am to 12.00pm, and Naíonra: 12.25 pm to 15.25pm daily. Extra hours available upon request.
- Our classroom spaces and secure outdoor play area are custom made for preschoolers.
- We have a 2 year curriculum, Our aim is to nurture your child’s curiosity and independence so they enter primary school capable and confident.
- We use discovery/play based teaching methods which allow each child to explore and learn in their own way, at their own pace. Progress is documented. Completed work, photos and a school report are saved in a workbook and presented to the children at our graduation ceremony at the end of the year.
- We strive to create an inclusive environment where your child will feel safe, cared for and happy. Our open door policy encourages family involvement with school. As a result, our relationship with families in Artane has seen siblings, cousins, friends and neighbours attend our school over the years.